Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Rough Week....

It's been a rough week. My strength and faith have really been tested. It's times like these that I dread, even though I usually come out of it somewhat stronger. Still, the tough days are never easy.

It started the night my husband left for an out-of-town 5 day business trip. My daughter took me to the ER, I wasn't quite sure what was wrong, ended up being a small seizure. I'm thinking and hoping it was because of a sudden substantial increase in Bartonella meds (those herbs can be tough!). I only got 3 hours of sleep in a 36 hour period.

Then, burning in my chest and a significant pain in my right side, liver or gallbladder maybe? Ulcers not healing? More procedures, ultrasound & upper endoscopy. Both were perfect, and I was thrilled to hear my ulcers are healing very well. So, chalk the pains up to "who knows" because when you're dealing with lyme and co-infections, anything goes, really.

Add real life stressors on top of it, and it's sometimes just too much to handle. One of my dearest friends, who is battling lyme as well, was, well is, also going through a rough patch with lyme illness this week, and in many ways we've held each other together. Sometimes, that's the best medicine.

My hydrogen peroxide IV couldn't be done because my veins are exhausted, so we'll try again in a couple days....

All over body pain, my scare at the ER, several tubes of blood, IV's, out patient procedures, lack of sleep and life stress really took a toll this time and I fell pretty hard and my thoughts were not good. The support of my great friends and family, and mostly my faith in God has once again pulled me through.

I don't know where I am in this illness, I don't know how close to remission, I don't think that is a question anyone has an answer to, really. I found another doctor close to home who is also helping me and I think this will make a big difference. Praying so, anyway....

I am able to go to the gym again, no fatigue, tolerable pain, and I've got a good appetite. So once again Janet, forge ahead, press on, keep swimming. As I lie here in the early morning hours writing this on my smartphone, I feel a little stronger of a person than I was last week. I'm convinced that everyone that goes through lyme disease and comes out in victory at the end, are truly Super Heroes. Really! I can see my cape somewhere in the future...

A huge thank you this week to Brittany, Jeannie, Jenny, and always to my Lord & Savior, Jesus Christ....I love you all <3

1 comment:

  1. Janet you are an amazing individual! You will get to that place you are striving for! I am so VERY proud of you, and proud to know you, my friend!

    Keep swimming!
    Kath <3

    ReplyDelete